Dear OSTPDX Members,
From now until November 6th, getting out the vote is where all of our efforts need to be. In order to make that dreamy big blue wave a reality, we need to ensure people are turning in their ballots. We encourage everyone to email people in their circles this list of which candidates and measures OSTPDX supports. Let’s do the work to keep the momentum and enthusiasm of the Midterm season going! GOTV!
OSTPDX Monthly Meeting for November
November 13, 6:45 p.m., Subud Center, 3185 NE Regents Dr.
“Midterms Wrap Up –What We Learned, Where We Are Going, and How Do We Keep a Grassroots Movement Growing” Dr Jim Moore, political commentator on OPB and professor of Political Science at Pacific University and political commentator David Sarasohn will present their take-aways from one of the most important elections of our lifetimes.
Here’s a list of other upcoming events and actions:
OSTPDX Halloween GOTV Flash Mob of Multnomah County Elections Office: Wednesday 10/31 from 4-5
Resist Trump Tuesdays by Indivisible Oregon: October 23th at 11:30 a.m.
Multnomah County Dems Phonebank for OR Candidates Governor Kate Brown’s re-election campaign, Janelle Bynum, Chrissy Reitz, Rachel Prusak, Jamie McLeod-Skinner and Charles Gallia:
Ohio Vote at Home Absentee Ballot Project:
This project was initiated by former Secretary of State Phil Keisling, who spoke on this at OSTPDX’s May meeting, and presented at the August Indivisible97201 meeting. The project is aimed at encouraging voting among those who voted in 2016 but did not vote in the last mid-term. Phil strongly believes that the best way to ensure maximum election turnout is to provide people with ballots in their homes, and the data on results from Oregon and Washington strongly support his position. If voters can be persuaded to vote next month through a phone call offering the option to cast a ballot from home, it could flip results to blue in a critical state. And if successful, the project will be expanded for the next election.
OSTPDX and Indivisible97201 members expressed interest in assisting in this project. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TRAINING TO MAKE THESE CALLS, PLEASE CONTACT respond to this email and I’ll connect you with the folks leading this project here in Portland. You will need a computer (with Google Chrome added if not already your web browser), and a phone. WE DO NOT HAVE A LOT OF TIME TO COMPLETE 1,000 CALLS! I hope you can help! “You can find more information about candidates at https://cordrayforohio.com/ & sherrodbrown.com “
Stand on Every Corner:
- SE Hawthorne: Every Wednesday through October 31st at 6:00 p.m.
- NE Burnside: Every Friday through November 2nd at 6:00 p.m.
- SE Steele & 33rd: Tuesday & Thursday at 5:00 p.m.
- Woodstock & 33rd: Mondays at 5:00
Governor Kate Brown (Point person: Paulette Wittwer):
- Team Oregon’s 10/23 Phonebank & Canvass for Kate: Tuesday from 5:30-8:00
- Canvass with Nasty Women Get Shit Done: Thursday 10/25 from 5:30-8:00
- Team Oregon’s 10/25 Phonebank & Canvass for Kate: Thursday from 5:50-8:00
- Clackamas County Volunteer Canvass & Phonebank: Saturday 10/27 from 11-3
- Indivisible Clackamas-Oregon City Canvass: Sunday, 10/28 from 12-3
- Phone banking w/ Multnomah County Democrats: Mon-Weds 4:00-8:00
- Postcards and coffee Wednesdays 9-1, 2393 NE Fremont Ste. B
- Postcard party 5-7 every Thursday, Oregon Public House, 700 NE Dekum
OR-2 Jamie McLeod-Skinner (Point person: Lynn Youngbar):
- Postcards at Guilders Coffee, 2393 NE Fremont: Tuesdays, 3-5 p.m.Questions, call Lynn, 503-307-4246. McLeod-Skinner’s campaign is gaining momentum!! Be part of an upset victory in OR 2.
- Get Out The Vote in Hood River: Wednesday 10/24 from 3-6
- Mobilize Swing Voters in The Dalles: Thursday 10/25 from 4-7
- Mobilize Swing Voters in The Dalles: Saturday 10/27 from 10-1
- Mobilize Swing Voters in Hood River: Sunday 10/28 from 11-2
- Postcards at Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider: Mondays at 4:00 p.m.
- Postcards at Prosperity Pie Shoppe in SW Portland: Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m
- Phonebank by Multco Dems @ Taborspace: Thursday 11/1 from 5:30-8:00
- Postcard Party hosted by Kristin & Mary:
- Kristin and Dick’s house: 4032 SE Ankeny, at 3-5 p.m. on October 25. We will provide postcards, stamps, ink pens, scripts, addresses, and food and drink.
WA-3 Caroylyn Long (Point person: Jeff Kidder):
- Call Swing Voters in WA @ Hollywood Library: Tuesday 10/24 5:30-8
- Mobilize Swing Voters in WA: Saturday 10/27 at 10:00 & 4:00
- Mobilize Swing Voters in WA: Sunday 10/28 at 1:00 & 7:00
- Flipthe3rd Fundraiser in Camas: Sunday 10/28 from 4:00-5:30
- GOTV Sign Waving in Vancouver: Monday 10/29 from 4:30-6
S-20 Charles Gallia (Point Person: Jane Stackhouse):
- House Party for Charles Gallia: Sunday, October 28th from 4:00-6:00
S-26 Chrissy Reitz:
- Campaign HQ Phonebank-Hood River: Thursday, October 25th 5-8
H-32 Tiffany Mitchell:
- Wednesday 10/24 Road Trip to Seaside with Phyllis Brown & Indivisible Seaside-
- Carpool meets at Phyllis’ house at 8:30a.m. on Wednesday Oct 24. We will meet with members of Indivisible Seaside at between 10:00 and 10:30 at Seaside Coffee House, 5 N Holiday Dr Seaside. We will then canvass for about 4 hours, have a bite to eat and socialize and plan on getting home before 6:00.
- Contact Phyllis directly if you want to attend: email@example.com
- Tillamook Canvass & GOTV: Saturday 10/27 11-2
H-37 Rachel Prusak:
- EnviroCanvass OLCV: Saturday 10/27 from 11:00-3:00
H-52 Anna Williams:
- Multnomah GOTV Canvass: Saturday, October 27th 11:30-8:00 p.m.
City Councill-Jo Ann Hardesty:
- Literature Drop: Tuesday 10/23 from 12:30-2:30
- GOTV Evening Phonebank: Tuesdays from 6-8
- GOTV Afternoon Phonebank: Wednesdays from 12-2
- Literature Drop: Friday 10/26 from 12:30-2:30
Ballot Measures: “Do 102 and Nix on 103 through 106”
Yes for Affordable Housing 102 & 26-199:
- There is no neighborhood in our region where a full-time, minimum wage worker can afford a modest one-bedroom rental home. Enough is enough. Join us in supporting YES for Affordable Housing this fall. #HomesWeNeed https://mailchi.mp/yesforaffordablehousing/partners
- P:ear Yes for Housing Phonebank: Tuesday 10/23 from 5:30-8:30
- Portland Business Alliance Phonebank: Wednesday 10/24 from 5:30-8:30
- Housing Development Center Phonebank: Monday 10/29 from 5:30-8:30
- Share our TV ad
- Share the first of our 10 reasons to VOTE NO series
- Take a selfie with one of our yard signs and post it on Facebook
- No on 105 Portland Phonebanking: Tuesdays & Wednesdays 5:30-8:30
- No on 105 Portland Evening Canvass: Thursdays at 4:00
- No on 105 Portland GOTV Canvassing & Phonebank: Saturday 10/27 & Sunday 10/28 at 11:00
- Change the Rules: From Hate to Hope Webinar: Tuesday 10/30 from 6-7:30
Portland Clean Energy Initiative-Measure 26-201:
- Call Voters with Oregon Chapter Sierra Club: Monday-Thursday 5-8
- BBPDX-Support Portland Clean Energy Event: Monday 10/29 from 5:30-7:00
- Pan Dulce for Power-No on 105 & Yes on 201 Joint Canvass: Sunday 10/28 from 10:00-5:00
Check out our website – www.onesmallthingpdx.org – like our Facebook page — https://www.facebook.com/One-Small-Thing-150519055702228/ — follow our Twitter account — @onepdx – and follow me on Twitter — @mary_chaffin.
If there’s an event that you’d like to ensure goes in these weekly event/action updates, please feel free to email the details at firstname.lastname@example.org.