This week is sure to be another rough week! Let’s turn our frustration and anger into action to get out the vote. What better way is there to send a clear message to Washington, than showing up in droves to support Progressive Democratic Candidates? Can you commit to helping make contact with voters this week by phonebanking or canvassing? Together, we can do this!
OSTPDX Monthly Meetings for October and November
October 9, 6:45 p.m., BACK AT THE SUBUD CENTER, 3185 NE Regents Dr.
“The Rubber Hits the Road – Get Out the Vote!” Learn what you can do to ensure a Huge Blue Wave in November. Speakers Thalia Zepatos and Amy Kessler will present about how to mobilize progressive voters and get out the vote. Zepatos will describe research on effective election strategies and how we can each be thought leaders for our network of friends, family and colleagues. Kessler will tell us about effective on-the-ground campaign work, including the work she is now doing for governor Kate Brown. We will have a short political action to do in small groups after we hear from these great speakers.
November 13, 6:45 p.m., Subud Center, 3185 NE Regents Dr.
“Midterms Wrap Up –What We Learned, Where We Are Going, and How Do We Keep a Grassroots Movement Growing” Dr Jim Moore, political commentator on OPB and professor of Political Science at Pacific University and political commentator David Sarasohn will present their take-aways from one of the most important elections of our lifetimes.
Here’s a list of other upcoming events and actions:
Resist Trump Tuesdays by Indivisible Oregon: October 2nd at 11:30 a.m.
Stand on Every Corner:
- SE Hawthorne: Every Wednesday through October 31st at 6:00 p.m.
- NE Burnside: Every Friday through November 2nd at 6:00 p.m.
- SE Steele & 33rd: Every day at 6:00 p.m.
Governor Kate Brown (Point person: Paulette Wittwer):
- Kate/Knute Debate Pre Rally: Tuesday, October 2nd from 5:00-6:30
- Team Oregon’s 10/2 Phonebank & Canvass for Kate: Tuesday from 5:30-8:00
- Team Oregon’s 10/3 Phonebank & Canvass for Kate: Wednesday from 5:30-8:00
- Team Oregon’s 10/4 Phonebank & Canvass for Kate: Thursday from 5:30-8:00
- Team Oregon’s 10/5 Phonebank & Canvass for Kate: Friday from 5:50-8:00
- Women for Kate Day of Action: Saturday 10/6 from 11:00-4:00
- Team Oregon’s 10/7 Phonebank & Canvass for Kate: Sunday from 11:00-3:00
- Team Oregon’s 10/8 Phonebank & Canvass for Kate: Monday from 5:30-8:00
- Phone banking w/ Multnomah County Democrats: Mon-Weds 4:00-8:00
- Postcards and coffee Wednesdays 9-1, 2393 NE Fremont Ste. B
- Postcard party 5-7 every Thursday, Oregon Public House, 700 NE Dekum
OR-2 Jamie McLeod-Skinner (Point person: Lynn Youngbar):
- Postcards at Guilders Coffee, 2393 NE Fremont: Tuesdays, 3-5 p.m.Questions, call Lynn, 503-307-4246. McLeod-Skinner’s campaign is gaining momentum!! Be part of an upset victory in OR 2.
- Call Swing Voters with IO & DPO @ Taborspace: Thursday, October 4th 5:30-8:00
- Televised McLeod-Skinner/ Walden Debate: Friday, October 5th from 7:00-8:00
- Happy Hour Fundraiser: Saturday October 6th 5:30-7PM, 2224 NE 36th Ave (not limited mobility accessible). Hosted by Smitha Chadaga, Warren McPherson, Sabina Haque, Hussain Lakdawala.
- At 6 PM Jamie answers questions via ZOOM teleconference
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team Jamie: Call Every Voter Phonebank: Saturday, October 6th-various shifts
- Indivisible Oregon Canvass in Hood River: Sunday, October 7th from 11:00-2:00
- Postcards at Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider: Mondays at 4:00 p.m.
- Postcards at Prosperity Pie Shoppe in SW Portland: Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m
WA-3 Caroylyn Long (Point person: Jeff Kidder):
- Flipthe3rd Fundraiser with Carolyn Long: Tuesday, October 2nd 6:00-7:30
- Flip WA Blue 2018, Saturday, October 6th 11:30-1:00: Purchase Tickets Here
- Indivisible Oregon Canvass in Vancouver: Sunday, September 7th 1:00-4:00
- Indivisible Oregon Canvass in Vancouver: Sunday, September 7th 4:00-7:00
S-20 Charles Gallia (Point Person: Jane Stackhouse):
- House Party for Charles Gallia: Sunday, October 14th from 5:00-7:00
Party to Elect 3 Dynamic Democratic Women-Janelle Bynum H-51, Chrissy Rietz S-26 & Anna Williams H-52: Tuesday, October 2nd 5:30-7:00
H-37 Rachel Prusak (Point Person: Ken Rosenberg):
- Canvass for Rachel: Sunday, October 7th from 10:00-2:00
H-51 Janelle Bynum:
- Team Bynum Happy Valley Canvass: Saturday, October 6th from 11:00-2:00
- Team Bynum Sunday Canvass in Clackamas: October 7th from 11:00-2:00
H-52 Anna Williams:
- Hood River Phonebank: Wednesdays from 5:30-8:00
City Councill-Jo Ann Hardesty:
- Debate Hardesty vs. Smith Friday 10/5 from 12:00-1:15
- APANO East Portland Canvass: Saturday, October 6th from 11:00-3:00
Ballot Measures: “Do 102 and Nix on 103 through 106”
Yes for Affordable Housing 102 & 26-199:
- OSTPDX is proud to support YES for Affordable Housing this fall. Too many families in the Portland Metro region can no longer afford to stay here. Join us today and support #HomesWeNeed this fall: https://mailchi.mp/yesforaffordablehousing/partners
- Rockin’ It For Affordable Housing: Tuesday, October 2nd at 7:00 p.m.
- Share our TV ad
- Share the first of our 10 reasons to VOTE NO series
- Take a selfie with one of our yard signs and post it on Facebook
- No on 105 Portland Phonebanking: Tuesdays & Wednesdays 5:30-8:30
- No on 105 Portland Canvass: Saturday, October 6th at 10:00 a.m.
- No on 105 Portland Canvass: Sunday, October 7th at 10:00 a.m.
- No Cuts to Care Benefit: Thursday, October 4th 5:00-9:00
Portland Clean Energy Fund:
- People of Faith Support Measure 26-201: Thursday, October 11th 6:00-8:30 p.m.
- Collect Endorsements at Portland DSA General Meeting: October 14th 3-5pm
Screening of the film The Reluctant Radical
Join us Tuesday, October 16th, at Havurah Shalom for a free screening of the film “The Reluctant Radical,” followed by a discussion with Ken Ward. Doors will open at 6:30 pm for time to mingle and enjoy delicious snacks, and the program will begin promptly at 7:00 pm. Presented in partnership with Congregations P’na Or and Kol Shalom.
The Reluctant Radical is an intimate portrait of climate activist Ken Ward, as he wrestles with what life choices he should make and what direct actions he should take in response to the greatest crisis that human civilization has ever faced: Climate Change.
Check out our website – www.onesmallthingpdx.org – like our Facebook page — https://www.facebook.com/One-Small-Thing-150519055702228/ — follow our Twitter account — @onepdx – and follow me on Twitter — @mary_chaffin.
If there’s an event that you’d like to ensure goes in these weekly event/action updates, please feel free to email the details at email@example.com.